[Interest] Migration path from QGraphicsScene to QtQuick2

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:57:29 CEST 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 12:15 PM, Igor Mironchik <igor.mironchik at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can I ask you why you need to migrate from QGraphicsScene to QtQuick?

Hi,

I like the scene graph rendering being done in another thread, and more
importantly
I wish to provide the ability to write plug-ins in QML for my software,
which is
much easier than C++ for the end-user.

I'll try overriding QQuickItem but what I am not able to grasp is how
everything is supposed to happen in
term of scene management.
Can I just keep the same parent - children relationship ?
Do transforms work the same ?
For instance I don't see boundingRect in QQuickItem and many of the "more
graphical"
functions seems to be split between QQuickItem and various QSGNode[...].

Best,
Jean-Michaël