[Interest] Probable Qt bug in widgets display

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Tue Apr 19 14:20:01 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I have what seems to be a Qt bug in a desktop application. I'm using Qt
5.4.1 under windows, compiled with minGW.

My application is based on a QMainWindow with toolboxes, status bar, and a
tabbed central area. I use the Fusion style, redefined all the palette with
QApplication::setPalette for having a dark theme, and customized a few
widgets with stylesheets. All this customization is done once in main() on
the QApplication instance.

The interface is displayed as it should 99% of the time.

But sometimes, I think when exiting from the screen saver, some GUI zones
are rendered white instead of dark gray. These are:
 - the empty spaces in QTabBar (central widget and stacked toolboxes)
 - The status bar
 - Bottom docked toolbox

The status bar is not customized with QSS.

As this had been observed only on my windows 7 development machine, I
initially thought of a bug on my system related to messed up GPU drivers.
But has also been reported by my customers now, under windows 10, on a
clean system.

Actual question : Is this already identified as a bug? I could not find a
related entry in the bug tracker but this is not easy to find

I will try getting a screenshot of the issue along with the equivalent
"normal" display

Thanks in advance,

Etienne