[Interest] No resize after hiding the navigation bar on Android under QML.

Tr3wory tr3w at freemail.hu
Wed Apr 20 16:49:22 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I have a full screen QML application on Android.
I create a QQuickView in main() and use showFullscreen() to show it.

On my Samsung phone (with physical navigation buttons) everything is fine,
the status bar gets hidden, and my application uses the full area of the
screen.

On my Nexus (with on-screen navigation bar) the status bar and the
navigation bar gets hidden, but my application does not use the full
screen, the area under the (now hidden) navigation bar is light gray, and
unusable.

After some research, it looks like in native Android code I would need to
set the system ui visibility to
SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_FULLSCREEN | SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_HIDE_NAVIGATION |
SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_STABLE,
but I can't find a way to do that from Qt.

Does anybody faced the same problem?

Best,
tr3w