[Interest] [QGV] Asynchronous painting of millions QGPathItem

Philip Schuchardt vpicaver at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:18:55 CET 2016

Since QGraphicsView can only render in the main gui thread, rendering in a
separate process will prevent the blocking on the main thread. You could
even implement "big pixel" zooming. You zoom in on the visible buffer while
a back buffer is being rendered in the background by the separate process.
This approach doesn't optimize the rendering. It just prevents the main gui
thread from being blocked by the rendering. It would be great if you could
render QGraphicsScene in a non-gui thread, but as far as I can tell you
can't.