[Interest] Qt3D - QOrbitCameraController & input control

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Thu Dec 8 20:44:26 CET 2016

Hi,

On 08/12/2016 19:08, Andy wrote:
> Is there a plan to implement a way to customize the mouse/keyboard
> controls for QOrbitCameraController?
>
> For example the natural thing for the mouse scroll wheel is to control
> zoom, but I don't see a way to add that. (Though I suppose I can submit
> a patch for QOrbitCameraController.)

At the moment these are just "starters for 10" and Qt3DExtras is in tech
preview. You can copy the implementation of these and customise to suit
your own needs for now. If you do, note that there is a new type in 5.8
called QAxisAccumulator that can be used to treat axis values as either
velocities or accelerations and which will integrate these up over time
for you on the backend. This will allow us to replace the use of the
QFrameAction component in the controllers.

I'd like to get the controlers made more flexible for 5.9 indeed and
possibly add some others in due course (3rd person maybe). Patches are
welcome. :)

Cheers,

Sean