[Interest] Qt3d - Infinite Rendering loop

Philip Schuchardt vpicaver at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 04:52:15 CET 2016

I've noticed that for rendering static scene Qt3d isn't very efficient. For
my application, I mostly render static scene and only need to re-render
when the camera position changes. I've noticed even with my  simple static
scene that my application uses 20% of my CPU went the application is doing
absolutely nothing. This isn't great and will unnecessarily use up battery
life. Any ideas on preventing the Scene3d from rendering forever and only
update on geometry or camera changes?

Thanks,