[Interest] How to provide a component to a QML item?

Yasser Sobhy yasser.sobhy.net at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 02:16:27 CET 2016

Hi Jason

I am not sure if I have understood you correctly, but I think I have used a
similar approach in some of my apps to create a dynamic-content list.

I have done that by aliasing the data property of the column item as
follows

//StandardScreenWithSpecificContent.qml
StandardScreenWithSpecificContent {

property alias elements : column1.data

   /* implied StandardScreenContent */
     Column {
         id: column1
     }
}

This way you can dynamically change the children items of the column by
assigning an array of items

StandardScreenWithSpecificContent {
      elements : [
          Label {