[Interest] Generic Table's row to 2 columns property/value tree

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Wed Dec 28 00:24:59 CET 2016

Hi there,

In my application i'm dealing a lot with displaying a list of property
value based on user's selection, the selection can be made either from
a table view (a row) or a graphicsview item (both selections are
synchronised).
My application is laid out with dock widgets on the left (several
list/table views, per 'topic' that display a selection of most
relevant columns from a table model), a graphicsview as a central
widget where graphical items are highlighted/selected, and another
dockwidget on the right which is context/selection dependent.
The left widget can be considered a 'navigation' panel, and the right
widget a 'object detail'.

I'm looking for a nice and somehow generic solution to transform a row
of data from a table model (the user's selection) into a list of
property/value pair (with possibility of nested sub-property a bit
like Qt designer property browser).

Actually I have tried to use the property browser from Qt Solution in
the past, but found it a bit complicated as it requires lot of boiler
plate (I might have fail to use it properly).

Does anyone knows any sort of tricks or pattern to achieve this, or
maybe have a list of gotcha or do/don't? Or maybe knows a ready made
component (GPL accepted).

I haven't yet tried to code anything yet, I'm still in the 'thinking
about' phase (i definitely need a re-usable component). I might even
give another go at the Property Browser Qt solution.
Any kind of comment, hint, tip would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris