[Interest] Doing a leanest-possible QtWebEngine build

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 17:40:53 CET 2016

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Just edit the mkspec file. That's the official way of changing the compiler
> flags.

Changing a central mkspec file isn't really an option for a build system.

But above all: the defaults are set in qmodule.pri, also on Linux, with

QMAKE_CFLAGS += -O3 -g
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -O3 -g

Note that the "+=" here is already the result of a fix in my build script; the
stock qmodule.pri that I get out of my build would reset the compiler flags to -
O3 -g, removing everything else.

Editing the central qmodule.pri isn't an option, but if the file can loaded from
another, local location I should be able to prepare an edited version. Is there
a search path for this file or will it only be loaded from the official location?

R.