[Interest] How many here rely on QtPurchasing to manage purchases on Qt Android mobile apps? - Users can't restore purchases - "Unable to get intent sender from service"

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Fri Dec 30 11:23:33 CET 2016

Hi,

I use Qt Purchasing to manage purchases on all my apps (iOS and Android).

Since I have upgraded to Qt 5.7 and 5.7.1 I’m having problems with it, specially with Android.

I have only realised the dimension of this problem when I started logging purchases failed. The most relevant error is "Unable to get intent sender from service”. It happens during in-app purchases restore on Android devices.

While this occurs in some devices, it doesn’t occur in all devices. I’m unable to reproduce this error in my devices and tests because the Restore Purchases function work automatically as soon as I launch the app.

After some digging into Qt Purchasing source code I have found the this error comes after a purchase intent in the java side where the error is the 7 integer which means, ITEM_IS_ALREADY_OWNED.

This results in people being unable to restore their purchases.

I have opened this bug report: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-57700 <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-57700> where I detailed all of my finds.

I have also found a bug report with almost a year saying the exact same thing: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-50359 <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-50359>

Is there anyone here who relies on Qt Purchasing to handle purchases on mobile? Anyone having the same issue?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Nuno