[Interest] qtandroidextras notification example question

aj at elane2k.com aj at elane2k.com
Mon Feb 1 16:18:21 CET 2016

Hi,
im trying to compile and run the Qt Notifier [1] example on my android
5 device.

Unfortunately it doesnt work for me as there are no notifications,
instead it throws a NullPointerException. When debugging the java part
of it in Android Studio it seems because the m_instance from the class
never got initialized, thus the exception when calling a function on it.

Do i have to take care of something special to get this to work?

My understanding of java is that the static instance variable should be
initialized at the time im calling the static notify function from the
qml part of the code, or am im missing something?

Im using qt 5.5.1 on mac with jdk 1.7.0_79 ndk r10e sdk 21

Regards,
Adrian Jäkel

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtandroidextras-notification-example.html