[Interest] x-platform way to pull app version?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:45:08 CET 2016

Den 1 feb 2016 8:20 em skrev "André Somers" <andre at familiesomers.nl>:

> Easiest is to let your buildsystem generate some cpp code with the
version numbers in each build. We compiled in version number, git id an
time & date with a simple script called from qmake on every build.

Small related tip from me:

GIT_VERSION=$$system(git \

    --git-dir $$shell_quote($$PWD/.git) \

    --work-tree $$shell_quote($$PWD) \

    describe --always --tags)

This will give e.g. "v1.0" if building tag "v1.0" and "vX.Y-12-gabcdef" if
building Git commit abcdef which is the 12:th commit after tag "vX.Y".

Elvis

> André
>
> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
>
> > Op 1 feb. 2016 om 16:35 heeft "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com> het volgende
geschreven:

> > Currently, I have a string that I have to manually maintain, is there a
way I can call some function and get my application version (that's in the
plist or manifest)?