[Interest] Minimal MSVC-built ICU DLLs available for download

Bob Babcock wssddc at wssddc.com
Wed Feb 3 07:19:24 CET 2016

Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com> wrote in
news:DB3PR02MB23430465D168E8F6F90E1E7E1D80 at DB3PR02MB234.eurprd02.prod.out
look.com:

> Well, QCollator uses CompareStringEx/ LCMapStringEx if ICU is not
> explicitly enabled, which is only available on Windows Vista and
> newer:
>
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/tools/qcollator_w
> in.cpp
>
> But there's also a fallback using CompareString, LCMapStringW. So not
> sure how exactly Thebehaviro will differ on Windows XP.

I tested in an XP virtual machine and found that, as strings, 10 sorts
before 2 (Windows 7 gives the natural order 2 before 10).  I think I will
just document this as needing a supported OS to work.  It isn't really a
big deal.

Thanks.