[Interest] Local version control with Qt Creator on Linux

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:17:45 CET 2016

On 2016-01-30 08:09, Bernhard Lindner wrote:
> I installed git and I can see the "Git" pull-down menu in Qt Creator. I
> selected the "Create Repository" menu entry and chose an empty folder.

You might have better luck creating a repository where you already have
your source files :-). (If you're worried about what QtC does, you can
just run 'git init .' in your existing source tree. This will create a
.git subdirectory but won't touch anything else. I suspect this is all
QtC does, but I don't use QtC.)

> Now... how can I add my existing project(s) to that repository? All other menu
> entries of the "Git" menu are ghosted. Seems I can not to anything else than
> creating new repositories.

Your source files must reside in the repository directory. You can copy
them there (as Thiago suggests), or see above.

--
Matthew