[Interest] [ANN] build2 - C++ build toolchain

Diego Iastrubni diegoiast at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:28:11 CET 2016

This is interesting... as it solves a nigher level proeblem than
"configure-make-install/cmake-make-install". It smells more like gradle a
little bit... which is nice. But can it handle Qt code..? resources...?
UI...? "moc"? Does it work on Windows?

Which reminds me:
What can I use to manage (and build..?) dependencies for my Qt5 project?
Lets assume I still want to build using (q|c)make, I still want some tool
to ask him "give me libfoo, libssh and whatever they need, and add them to
my project, then build it".

   1. I needs it to work on Windows (mingw if possible) and Linux/Mac.
   2. QtCreator should be able to build projects generated by this tool
   3. It needs to add interdependencies between subprojects as needed
   4. Ability to update when upstream releases a new version
   5. FOSS

I guess I am looking for a "Gradle"  for C++, or maybe just something like
CocoadPods to CMake. Does this thing exist?