[Interest] [ANN] build2 - C++ build toolchain

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Feb 9 16:41:41 CET 2016

On terça-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2016 15:08:11 PST Jean-Michaël Celerier
wrote:
> Imagine an application that uses Qt with QWebEngine and QML, boost, and
> some other libraries, on an average computer it would be at least thirty
> minutes to build all the dependencies.

You're being generous. For an "average" computer running Windows with its slow
filesystems, it would be a couple of hours, possibly a lot more if it needs to
download and build Perl, Python and Ruby in order to build the web engine
(Ninja, etc.).

Remember the flame-war we had in this mailing list when I proposed making Perl
mandatory for compiling Qt?