[Interest] Displaying Help from QHelpEngine through QWebEngine

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:28:41 CET 2016

I am attempting to use the QHelp* classes to allow our users to search
our help files (html based) using the same mechanisms as those used with
QAssistant. So far I have hacked together the major pieces and hooked
everything up. I am able to manually generate a .qhc file from all of
our html and image sources. I got so far as to enter a search string and
have the relevant documents appear in the results widget. Now when I
click on a link I would like to actually display the help. Currently we
use QWebEngineView on Qt 5.5.1 because QWebKit was being deprecated. I
am pretty sure the issue as to why nothing is displayed is because I get
a URL like the following:

"qthelp://bluequartzsoftware.net.dream3d.1.0/DREAM3D/addorientationnoise.html"

and QWebEngine probably has no idea what to do with that URL scheme. I
have looked around the internet using Google and while other people are
asking this same question there are no actual answers. About the only
possibility seems to get the file contents from the HelpEngine along
with any CSS and Image assets, write all of those to a temp location on
the filesystem, then load the URL from the temp location? There must be
an easier way that I am just missing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Mike Jackson   BlueQuartz Software