[Interest] Is QEventPrivate a remnant?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Feb 14 04:15:19 CET 2016

On domingo, 14 de fevereiro de 2016 02:14:43 PST Nye wrote:
> Hello,
> Sorry for continuing to bug you with this, but I don't seem to grasp how to
> run QCoreApplication in non-blocking mode.

That's not what I meant. I meant that you run your APIs in non-blocking mode.

There's only one thing in each thread that is allowed to block and that's the
main loop, the one that QCoreApplication drives.

> Am I correct, or there's a better way?

I meant that if you need to poll, you use the aboutToBlock() or awake()
signals, and poll at that point. Obviously you won't receive notifications as
early as they're available, because the event loop is blocked, waiting.

But this is what you have today and you'll have the same functionality without
having to use private classes.