[Interest] Qt 5.6 and labs.controls for mobile development

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Sun Feb 14 19:56:53 CET 2016

just before starting my blog articles about Qt 5.6 for mobile
development have some questions:

*Mobile Development for Android, iOS (later W10)*
What's the best way to develop for more then one platform from one Qt
Creator Project ?
read about QtFileSelectors and think they can help with .qml files and
also images:
placing them in +android, +ios folders I should be able to use different
icon sets and do some fine-tuning in UI.
For Android the Material styled controls are looking good.
Using some iOS - specific icons will help to use Material for iOS apps.
Am I right, that using file selectors this selection will happen at
runtime ?
So always all kinds of resources will be deployed ?
And what about CPP code - what's the easiest way to manage different
target platforms like Android and iOS ?
Thanks for all tips and hints - don't want to publish wrong recipes ;-)

*Using different styling (Material vs Universal)*
the Qt 5.6 qt.labs.controls Gallery example does the switch at startup
using QT_LABS_CONTROLS_STYLE.
This works for the qt.labs.controls
But as soon as I'm customizing controls I have to...
import Qt.labs.controls.material 1.0
color: Material.accentColor
so the customized controls have different code for Material and Universal
HowTo deal with this ?
Or should I restrict Universal to Windows ? Then I could use the
FileSelectors.

also having some questions about *add / copy sources and resources* into
QtCreator projects:
http://forum.qt.io/topic/64163/copy-add-src-files-resources-into-projects

and about *automatic creation of translation files*:
http://forum.qt.io/topic/64123/localizing-qt-quick-apps

--------------
sorry for so many questions, but I want to make it as easy as possible
for devs coming from Eclipse as IDE (BlackBerry 10, Cascades, Qt 4.8) or
others coming from Eclipse Java / Android Studio to jump into Qt 5.6 to
develop crossplatform.

last days have intensive studied all the new things possible with Qt 5 -
like it.
and most I like the qt.labs.controls and HighDPI support for mobile
development

also good to see that BlackBerry PRIV (Android Device) as Slider was
recognized well for most use-cases - only scrolling from capazitive
keyboard missing yet.

thanks to all devs working on Qt last years - I'll definitive try to use
it for a first customer project (BB10, Android, iOS - with Bluetooth LE)
--

ekke (ekkehard gentz)

independent software architect
international development native mobile business apps
BlackBerry 10 | Qt Mobile (Android, iOS)
workshops - trainings - bootcamps

*BlackBerry Elite Developer
BlackBerry Platinum Enterprise Partner*

max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany
mailto:ekke at ekkes-corner.org
blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
apps and more: http://appbus.org

twitter: @ekkescorner
skype: ekkes-corner
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/ekkehard/
Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID: DE189929490