[Interest] lowEnergyScanner detects ibeacons that are absent

Blasche Alexander alexander.blasche at theqtcompany.com
Fri Feb 19 13:57:59 CET 2016

The delay between the device disappearing and the scan results being adjust is caused by caching in the Bluetooth stack. On Bluez the default is 2 or 3 mins for cache expiry. I have no data about other platforms. What platform are you on?

In fact in some cases the caching goes even further. Sometimes the details of the disappeared device are cached and when you connect you get data from the cache or the list of the services. This doesn't work on Bluez but I have seen this behavior on WinRT for example.

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about it.

--

Alex