[Interest] Tempalted QObjects

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:32:44 CET 2016

Hello.

On 22.02.2016 16:43, Jean-Michaƫl Celerier wrote:
> Hello,
> Following Oliver Goffart's blog bost :
>
> https://woboq.com/blog/moc-myths.html
>
> "For example, I implemented support for templated QObjects in moc
> <https://codereview.qt-project.org/49864/>, but this was not merged
> because it did not raise enough interest within the Qt project."
>
> I would personnally be quite interested in this feature. Who doesn't
> like good generic code ? :) And I am pretty sure that this would
> enable wonderful new uses of QObject.

I agree, templated QObject is very nice feature. Few times I used
templates with QObjects, workaround is simple: you declare QObject-based
class, define signals, slots in it... And then declare templated class
derived from that that derived from QObject. But native support of
templated QObject-based classes would be much more better.

> Maybe if enough persons manifest themselves on the mailing list ?

I sign you manifest :)