[Interest] Behaviour difference between Qt Version 5.4-0 and 5.5.1

Günter Michel gm at mes-ia.de
Tue Feb 23 08:38:02 CET 2016

I notice a behaviour difference between Qt Version 5.4.0 and 5.5.1 in
respect to network events.

My application communicates via QTcpSockets to a Qt Server Process using
the same Qt Version.
While moving my 'Top Level Widget' ( QMainWindow or QDialog ) the
'readyRead' Signal doesn't occure anymore, till I release the mouse in
the titlebar.
The same thing happens, when resizing the window ( seams to be related
to window manager frame events )
Timer events work, so the server gets  new requests.

On 5.4.0 'readyRead' Signal is delivered without problems. Qt 5.6. Beta
has the same problem.

Is this a bug? Do yo know a workaround ?

Thanks in advance