[Interest] QML Keys Shock

mark diener rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:25:52 CET 2016

Hello List:

I went to deploy a test app on Android and IOS that would test processing
handling keys as they were entered into TextInput QML.

Shockingly, the Keys.onPressed is NOT called for normal letters on
either Android
or IOS.

Keys, like Back(delete) and Enter do trigger events, but forget about
implementing
PER keystroke logic on Android/IOS.

Some bug tracker dialogue between Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt kind of
confirms this.

Maybe the documentation for QML Keys should be updated to let people
know that very FEW of the keys on the soft keyboard actually trigger
onPressed events.

Can someone tell me I am making a mistake and somehow ALL the keyboard
keys like letters and space are triggered on Android and IOS soft
keyboards  if I only make some manifest.xml or info.plist entry!

Cheers,

marco