[Interest] Emitting signal from QThread::run()

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Feb 28 18:22:02 CET 2016

On domingo, 28 de fevereiro de 2016 17:33:34 PST Prav wrote:
> to execute all object's QUEUED "connections" (which are object's slots and
> events methods) by some thread (which is by default
> QThread::currentThread() at the moment of object creation)

That's the other way around. All event deliveries happen in a given thread.
One particular type of event is the queued slot activation.

> And I think it would saved many hours of understanding for many people if
> long ago someone called "moveToThread" method as "moveConnectionsToThread".

Which would be wrong, since it's a lot more than connections. And if you look
at the other two event dispatcher event source (QSocketNotifier and
QWinEventNotifier), moveEventDeliveryToThread() would also be incomplete.