[Interest] Questions about QtSensors and QCompass

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Tue Jan 5 12:25:59 CET 2016

Hello,

I am trying to use QCompass sensor on Android and iOS.

It works well on Android (didn't test on iOS yet), but I have questions
regarding calibration:

The link in qt documentation is dead (
http://wiki.forum.qt.com/index.php/CS001671_-_Calibrating_the_magnetometer_sensor
). Does anyone knows where to find it or can explain how to proceed to
calibrate the magnetometer? I tried to move the device in 8 figures and
such but that does not seem to improve anything.

I have two real devices. On the first one the north reported by the
sensor is more or less ok, but on the second one it is completely false
and not stable at all. Strangely both devices are reporting 0.0 as
calibrationLevel... is it normal?

Thanks for any insight
Philippe Lelong