[Interest] Qt 5.5.1+ Android Activity Theme & OpenGL

mark diener rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 14:57:57 CET 2016

Bogdan:

Thanks for your answers on the previous gradle issues.

During your work on QtActivity, did you ever try to create use a custom theme?

The native Splash screen for Qt is rooted in a java function, but that
function executes way AFTER java inflation.

So attaching the custom theme to the QtActivity should in theory cause
it to appear immediately, then Android will proceed to
deflate the classes.dex and all the other stuff while the use has
something nice to look at.

I was able to create a custom theme and attach it to the android
QtActivity in Manifest.xml.

<Activity  android:theme="@style/SplashTheme">

But it seems the initial color of the surface for OpenGL is black, so
there is no getting around the initial shader color
when you initialize the OpenGL surface.

What are your thoughts?

Where does one look to find the script files used by QtCreator when a
kit is added?

I would like to change the default Manifest.xml to add a theme
whenever a new project is created.  yes, I can currently edit the
manifest.xml file directly.

Also, I would like to select which is the initial color of the OpenGL
surface during initialization.  Looks like I would have to rebuild QT
to get access to that.

Cheers,

md