[Interest] QTabWidget activity

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Thu Jan 7 23:58:45 CET 2016

> > This works fine, except that there's no real indication to the user
> > that pressing the "Take Snapshot" button actually worked
>
> Put a tool tip on the button telling them what it will do when they press it.
> Then, have the button stay pressed an extra few milliseconds so it really
> looks like it was pressed.

The tooltip is already there, currently the button just does the default button press animation which I could extend, but neither of those really gives the feedback that lets the user know where the snapshot went. So I was looking to duplicate a little the behavior of the bottom bar (Issues, Search Results, Application Output, etc.) of QtCreator where those buttons blink when something happens on their respective panes. I guess I could move to a QStackedWidget and Q*Buttons, which allows easier control of the individual buttons...

Sean