[Interest] QTimer priority

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Fri Jan 8 11:11:11 CET 2016

Dear all,

In a recent stress test, where I created 5 sub-processes, each one starting
idealThreadCount() fully working threads (ie they never sleep), I found
that a QTimer responsible for sending some information messages to the
sub-process stdout was stuck until the working threads stopped.

The QTimer is created and lives in the main thread, and the main event loop
is alive and responds to event. But the slot to which timeout() is called
is never called until the worker threads finish.

Could it be that the QTimer is using a different thread, that gets stuck
due to the high system load?

The platform is Windows

Thanks!