[Interest] Macro support with QTextEdit.

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Sat Jan 9 15:24:55 CET 2016

>> How do I this using a QTextEdit widget in HTML mode
>> with QTextCursor etc.
>>
> Okay. I have made some progress using the QTextObjectInterface.
> Next series of questions:
>
> - If a QTextCursor spans one of my inline objects and some aspect of the
> font is changed, how does my object get notified.
>
> - My object is basically a piece of text. How do I render it on
> the same base line as neighboring text.

Okay. I have made more progress. The object format is obviously provided in the
QTextFormat argument passed to the ::intrinsicSize and ::drawObject functions. :-)

I also have the text located vertically, but I think it is just a lucky
combination of the vertical alignment from the format and how I size and
draw the text. I will have to see how far that gets me.

Next question:

     How do I save and restore to HTML?

Thanks.

Bill