[Interest] QQuickTextNode not reachable from QQuickItem

rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 23:53:15 CET 2016

Dmitry:

When you are trying to have the text an active part of the control,
responding to mouse/touch events in coordination with the changing
Geometry nodes as they occur.

So in essence, the lack of access to the QQuickTextNode means that the
most control is in QuickPaintedItem, but that method has unknown
performance limits
as compared to the super speedy scenegraph.

Trying to emit signals out of the QuickItem means that your text is
lagging the QuickItem and now you have quite a code pattern going that
is kluge at best.

I will try to skin the cat using QuickPaintedItem for now.

Don't you think its time for text to be under the control of QQuickItem?

We need QSGTextNode for that.

Thanks for the response.

Mark