[Interest] Deploy Qt on windows with relative paths

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 18:56:31 CET 2016

Hi all.

I want to launch my QML application, based on Qt 5.x, QtQuick 2 with
following deployment tree:

deploy
  |-> deploy-qt-runtime
  |-> deploy-my-app

where

1) "deploy-qt-runtime" directory contains all required stuff, which is got
by means of 'windeployqt.exe' (where I pass the --qmldir to my QML source
files of application).

2) "deploy-my-app" contains my executable file

I want to launch my application from the "deploy-my-app" directory by means
of
console. But it does nothing, and I got following error from console:

"module "QtQuick" is not installed"

it is strange, because I use QtQuick 2.0!

I tried dofferent ways to launch my application:

1) Using qt.conf file

[Paths]
plugins = ../deploy-qt-runtime
imports = ../deploy-qt-runtime
bin = ../deploy-qt-runtime
libexec = ../deploy-qt-runtime
qml = ../deploy-qt-runtime
translations = ../deploy-qt-runtime/translations

2) Using env variables:

set QT_RUNTIME_DR=..\deploy-qt-runtime
set QT_PLUGIN_PATH=%QT_RUNTIME_DR%
set PATH=%QT_RUNTIME_DR%;%PATH%

start my-app.exe

but it is unsuccessfully!

BUT: when I copy my executable file into "deploy-qt-runtime" directory,
all works fine!!!

Note: I do not want mixing my aplication with qt-runtime resources.

So, is it possible to launch application with this "relative" way?

BR,
Denis