[Interest] Mac OS X Exit Dock Action

Joey Kleingers joey.kleingers at bluequartz.net
Wed Jan 20 22:18:55 CET 2016

Hello all,

Every Qt application on Mac OS X has a built-in “Quit" action item that is in the menu connected to the application’s icon in the dock.  Is there a way to hook up a slot to that action, so that when it’s triggered, it drops into my own Quit slot instead of Qt’s own Quit function??  I have some clean-up that I do when the user quits the application, and I would like to hook the dock's Quit action item up to a slot that I’m already using when another Quit action item of mine gets triggered in the global menu bar.

If this is not possible, is there another solution?  I’ve been looking all over the place, and haven’t seemed to find an answer to this problem.

Thanks,

--
Joey Kleingers