[Interest] Qt component repositories

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:11:34 CET 2016

I have tried to use inqlude command line client but I could only use the
"download" function. I don't know which library is "installable". If I
understand correctly, inqlude is a tool to download and install library to
system.

Then its concept is different than qpm. qpm manages the library dependence
of your application. It don't install anything to system. Instead, it read
from application's qpm.json and install all the source code of depended
libraries with specific version in source directory.

It will extract all the source code and create a vendor.pri that include
all the installed libraries. So that user just need to add vendor.pri to
their .pro file to use those libraries.

It is very convenience. Just type a single command and you could get all
the libraries. And it could ensure all the developers use same version of
library.

Moreover, last time I push a package to inqlude and takes 3 weeks to get
merged, but I could publish a new package in qpm.io without any delay.