[Interest] Any possible workaround for QTBUG-40889 ?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 08:33:56 CEST 2016

Den 30 juni 2016 7:00 em skrev "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com
>:
>
> On quinta-feira, 30 de junho de 2016 17:16:54 PDT Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> > Would it be possible to install a QAbstractNativeEventFilter and
> > somehow "fix-up" the event combination that makes the event
> > compression fail? Has anyone else been in the same boat?
>
> Yes, in combination with a non-native filter that detects when the event
has
> been delivered and processed. You need to keep a state:
>
>  if event has been seen
>  and event has not been delivered
>         swallow event

Aha, so in effect doing the compression myself. I'll give it a try.

At first I was thinking if there was some way to modify the event stream
such that the normal event compression would work. But I realize now that's
probably not possible when the problem is that the events come interleaved
like described in the fix commit?

Thanks for the input!

Elvis