[Interest] Utilizing the GPU, how to start?

Jason Kretzer Jason at gocodigo.com
Tue Jul 5 20:45:41 CEST 2016

How does one get Qt widgets to take advantage of a GPU?  If this question seem naïve, it is because it is.

With my application, I am displaying different types of media —
mp4 (using QMedia Player)
Html (folders containing a "mini-site” using QWebView)
Images (using a Qlabel)

This Qt 5.5, Windows7/10, running on a low end compute stick.  The CPU seems to take the brunt of the performance.  Just wondering how to offload some of that?

Thanks,

-Jason

   Jason R. Kretzer
   Lead Application Developer
   Jason at gocodigo.com<mailto:Jason at gocodigo.com>

“quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur"