[Interest] Utilizing the GPU, how to start?

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Jul 6 09:53:28 CEST 2016

QWeb_Engine_View indeed uses Qt Quick (and therefore potentially
the GPU) underneath , even for the widgets integration. So it might be worth
a try porting your app from Qt WebKit to Qt WebEngine (if only because
Qt WebKit is deprecated).

For the video, it looks like QVideoWidget might benefit from OpenGL if
it's parent is a QOpenGL widget. Maybe you can experiment with this.
(I don't have first hand experience with QVideoWidget though).

Regards

Kai