[Interest] Qt Screen.pixelDensity and Android devices

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Wed Jul 6 17:32:32 CEST 2016

Qt/Android developers,

Do you think all devices correctly report Screen.pixelDensity?

I’m working on a  HP 21 Slate and it has a pixel density of around 8.5.

The display resolution is 1920x1080. Dividing 1920 by 8.5 gives 225mm but the screen has 480mm width.

I have checked devicePixelRatio and it is one. From documentation, devicePixelRatio is only for Apple screens.

So… do you think it is possible to consistently find out the size of the screen on all devices?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nuno