[Interest] Utilizing the GPU, how to start?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jul 6 23:16:46 CEST 2016

On quarta-feira, 6 de julho de 2016 20:23:44 PDT André Pönitz wrote:
> > Stop using QtWidgets, including QtWebView and QLabel, and transition
> > to Qt Quick instead. Qt Quick uses the GPU, QtWidgets do not.
>
> So to use a certain backend technology you seriously advice to
> switch fronend languages, too?

That's the only option provided. You can choose one of:

a) port
b) keep it as it is

There are no other, current options. People could invest time in providing an
alternative, like Uwe is doing, but that currently is not available.

> When did *you personally* attempt to port a GUI project from
> Widgets to Quick?

All of my GUI projects have been ported.

That is, with a figure of speech. Mathematically speaking, I get a SIGFPE when
calculating the percentage of my GUI projects ported to Qt Quick.