[Interest] Qt conflict with libjpeg-turbo between 5.4 and 5.6

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Thu Jul 7 09:46:14 CEST 2016

On Wednesday 06 July 2016, Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use libjpeg-turbo in my app for some time now.
>
> Since I switched to Qt 5.6 (from Qt 5.4), reading any Jpeg image with
> QPixmap crashes the app.
>
> Is this a lib conflict? I linked with both Qt and libjpeg-turbo statically.
> Could changing either to dynamic link solve the problem?
>
> Thanks!

libjpeg-turbo hasn't implemented everything libjpeg has (if I remember
correctly it has implemented libjpeg v8 but not libjpeg v9) , and Qt will use
some of the libjpeg features libjpeg-turbo is missing if build against
libjpeg. So as Konstantin said; you must use the same library version when
building Qt and your application.

`Allan