[Interest] [Qt3D] Frustum culling

Émeric MASCHINO emeric.maschino at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:46:58 CEST 2016

> Hi,

<snip>

> Frustum culling is simple once you have the bounding volumes for entities and
> the planes forming the view frustum. These are computed elsewhere to where the
> culling is actually performed. The culling is currently performed at:
>
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qt3d.git/tree/src/render/backend/renderview.cpp#n541

Well, unless I'm missing the point, I only see m_frustumCulling member
variable with setter/getter. But that's all: nobody seems to care
about the status of this member variable, nor if it was set when a
QFrustumCulling instance was found in a RenderView's frame path. Or
maybe is it because you're in the process of rewriting things for more
parallelism as you told?

> We are actually in the process of parallelising much more of the work that Qt
> 3D does on the backend. So shortly this will be done in a separate job:
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/159300/

As a side note, how jobs then "interface" themselve in the rendering process?

> Hope this helps,

Yes, thanks :-)

     Émeric