[Interest] QtCreator - include(...) - Possible bug

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 11 19:46:19 CEST 2016

On segunda-feira, 11 de julho de 2016 18:44:47 PDT Florian K wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently asked a question about adding and compiling external source
> files of another project, as this has seemed to fail. The moderator JKSH on
> the Qt-Forums
> <https://forum.qt.io/topic/69108/qtcreator-compiling-issue-external-source-f
> iles/6> has suggested to test if a path without spaces works, which indeed
> worked.
>
> //Inside a ".pro" file
> //This apparently works and source files are
> compiled.include(C:/ProjDir/ProjName.pri)//This works too, the source
> files are correctly included in the
> //project (QtCreator), but these source files are NOT being
> compiled.include("../../Visual Studio
> 2015/Projects/ProjDir/ProjName.pri")
>
> Now my question is, if this is a known bug, or if something else is wrong
> here. To me it appears to be a bug.

First of all, because you said this is a problem with Qt Creator: does it
happen without Qt Creator too? That is, does it happen if you just run qmake
on the command-line? You can test it too by trying to build inside Qt Creator.

If you only see squiggly lines under that and/or Qt Creator parsing errors,
the problem is something else.