[Interest] Utilizing the GPU, how to start?

BAILLY Yves Yves.Bailly at hexagonmetrology.com
Wed Jul 6 09:54:44 CEST 2016

8 years already? wow...

> [...]
> So what you want isn't QWidget with OpenGL support. We've proven it
> won't work. What you want is a powerful, Scene Graph-based set of
> widgets with native look and feel (that is Qt Quick Controls).

That set of widgets could be called "QWidget". From a pure user's (the "user" here being a developer) perspective,
whether his (q)widgets-based UI is drawn in an "imperative" way or in a "scene-graph" way is mostly irrelevent.
It becomes relevent only when there are visual glitches or performances issues.

Need to get rid of QPainter to gain performance? fine! perfect! :-) But no need to invent a new language, a new
framework, a new API...

Besides, after so many years, QtQuickControls are still way behind QWidgets in term of functionality.

> You're probably also asking for a C++ API instead of a QML one.

+1 definitely!

--
Yves Bailly
Software Architect