[Interest] CentOS 6 vs 7

Scott Aron Bloom scott at towel42.com
Wed Jul 27 23:38:21 CEST 2016

On quarta-feira, 27 de julho de 2016 17:58:55 PDT Scott Aron Bloom wrote:
> We are deploying libqxcb.so,
> There were definitely some missing symbols... Now we have to track
> down how to get them on CentOS 7

We can help if you say what symbols those are.

--
The help you gave, in finding out the Qt shared library was enough... Kinda :)

It turns out it was libudev, then the real fun began.  First, libudev apparently is NOT shipped on CentOS 7 by default, but it is on CentOS6.

When I was able to install it using yum install system-devel, the next problem came up.. On 6, the version of libudev is .0 but on 7, its .1

Now, my tool in reality doesn't need libudev at all, so just to "hack" it I created a soft link of .0 to .1... :)  And walla it ran fine.

We then built Qt with --no-udev and that packaged installer works fine on CentOS7.

Thanks for the help

Scott