[Interest] [Qt3D] Custom texture loader and material shaders

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 18:41:32 CEST 2016

Hi,

I finally come back into Qt3D tests.

For the texture loader, I made my own QAbstractTextureImage
and QTextureDataFunctor, I do the loading of our files in the override
of QTexImageDataPtr operator ()().
But I don't understand how to give to Qt3D texture's format, mipmaps,...
because I can set only buffer, pixelType and pixelFormat on QTexImageData
class.

Need I also implement my own QAbstractTextureProvider functor to provide
other properties?

> Hi,
>
> sorry, forgot to reply to the texture part.
>
> On 27/03/2016 23:53, Xavier Bigand wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to add a loader for our custom texture format?
>

> I think you can use the functor approach exposed by
> QAbstractTextureProvider or QAbstractTextureImage.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean
>

> We also have to use our existing shaders for materials, but I don't know
> how to manage uniforms. We are generating our shaders based on macros
> depending of the number and types of light sources,..., is it possible to
> keep that?
>
> --
> Xavier

Xavier