[Interest] [QT3D] 5.7 unable to light scenes properly

Pierre Chicoine pierrechicoine606 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 20:57:39 CEST 2016

Thank you for QT3D 5.7

You have done extremely efficient work loading 3d objects.

These textured cubes and their text took 15 seconds in 5.6.

Now they are instantaneous.

Anyway.

I am unable to get my lights working properly.

All the scenes are dark and lit from the center.

In 5.6 they we're lit from the front.

Here's an example of how I'm trying to position the light.

// theApp->pCThreeDWindow is the the scene Qt3DCore::QEntity *parent

Qt3DRender::QDirectionalLight * light = new
Qt3DRender::QDirectionalLight(theApp->pCThreeDWindow);

light->setWorldDirection(QVector3D(-1, -1, 0));

light->setColor(QColor::fromRgbF(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0));

light->setEnabled(true);

 light->setIntensity(4);

I've also tried point lights but there are no setposition functions.

The QML lights example lights properly but most other examples are dark.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

If it makes a difference:

QT3D version 5.7 release candidate

I'm using Kubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

KDE 4.13.3

Kernel Version 3.13.0-85-generic

OS Type: 64-bit

Processors: 8 x Intel Core i7 cpu 960 @3.20GHz

11.7 GiB of RAM

transparencies sort code is commented out.

​

Thank you for the upgrade.

Pierre Chicoine