[Interest] Android N changes

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Jun 7 18:19:06 CEST 2016

I saw this in the SQLite group, mentioning it here:

"""It is my understanding that Android N will no longer allow apps to use the
system-installed SQLite library (unless they go through the Android Java
API, android.database.sqlite). [1]

This is unfortunate, as many existing Android apps do access libsqlite3
directly and will crash on Android N.

Apps which ONLY use the Java API will be unaffected.

Apps that do NOT use the Java API will need to bundle their own SQLite
library, if they are not doing so already.

And then, there is a particularly unfortunate group: Apps which do some of
their SQLite operations through the Java API, but also do some things
through direct access to libsqlite.

Because of the POSIX locking issues, these apps cannot just bundle a SQLite
and let the two sections of their code each use their own instance of the
library. The result will be a corrupt SQLite file. So the only obvious
fix for apps in this situation is to change their code to "ONLY use the
Java API" or "NOT use the Java API"."""

I use the Android API for handling platform integrations which require the
QML's LocalStorage database.  I *think* Qt packages this for me? How/does this affect Qt on Android?

[1] https://developer.android.com/preview/behavior-changes.html#ndk