[Interest] Qt5 QML and MouseClick outside element

Cjb_SW Freescale cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 18:38:44 CEST 2016

Dear All,
I'm porting a Qt4.8 application to Qt5.6, and I'm stopped at the class
InverseMouseArea (sample that was taken from the web years ago).
Anyway I don't know if this is still the best method to achieve what I need
in Qt5.6.

What I need is to catch a click event when user touch outside an item, like
dialog or layer, and close it. I read something about put the items in a
MouseArea element and catch everything from there, but I can't do it due to
sizes and z-order of elements in the UI.

I can't imagine that natively QtQuick doesn't support this behavior, but at
the same time I'm not able to find how to do it.

Can someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Simone