[Interest] [QT3D] segmentation fault changing QMesh->setSource a few times

Pierre Chicoine pierrechicoine606 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 02:13:20 CEST 2016

I need to change the mesh for a font on a numeric counter.

I remove and recreate the mesh on a node. I reset the
Qt3DRender::QMesh->mesh()->setSource(FileName) with a new mesh filename at
each change iteration when I increment the numeric counter.

After a few hundred iterations the app gives out a segmentation fault. It
does so whether I delete the QMesh object or change the Filename to a new
font 3d character mesh.

Is there a proper way to delete and recreate a mesh? The cleanup function
was removed from the 5.7 beta. Not sure that's significant or not.

Or is there a better way to implement a QMesh that needs to change it's
mesh?
Is there a way to remove the old mesh to make way for new mesh?

This is the stack at segmentation fault, if that helps any:

1  ??

 0x7ffff6f9b240
2  ??

 0x7ffff6fe9cdb
3
 Qt3DCore::QAbstractAspectPrivate::createBackendNode(QSharedPointer<Qt3DCore::QNodeCreatedChangeBase>
const&) const                      0x7ffff6cbedd5
4
 Qt3DCore::QAbstractAspectPrivate::sceneNodeAdded(QSharedPointer<Qt3DCore::QSceneChange>&)
                                              0x7ffff6cbe5e2
5
 Qt3DCore::QChangeArbiter::distributeQueueChanges(std::vector<QSharedPointer<Qt3DCore::QSceneChange>>
*)                                 0x7ffff6cb9369
6  Qt3DCore::QChangeArbiter::syncChanges()

0x7ffff6cb956f
7  Qt3DCore::QAspectManager::exec()

 0x7ffff6cc56f6
8  ??