[Interest] Deploying QtWebEngine on Linux with Qt 5.6.0

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Mon Jun 27 09:54:59 CEST 2016

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the ultima ratio, but shouldn't be needed here.

I understand that you've been installing Qt 5.6.0 from the binary installer? Or did you configure/built it yourself?

For the binary installer, QtWebEngineProcess should have a RUNPATH set to $ORIGIN/../lib:

$ readelf --dynamic QtWebEngineProcess | grep PATH
0x000000000000001d (RUNPATH)            Library runpath: [$ORIGIN/../lib]

Check whether libQt5Core.so.5 is found there (should be /opt/DREAM3D_SDK/Qt5.6.0/5.6/gcc_64/lib for you)

Regards

Kai