[Interest] 5.8 Features?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Jun 27 20:14:47 CEST 2016

That's exactly my worry too. So far, I've had a number of mobile devs like you agree with me, but how do we take it to the next level and get the Qt company on board and actually do something?

What's irritating me is that there aren't any other killer features competing. It also seems that these issues could be fixed relatively quickly if the trolls were to focus on it. I think adding something like 3D is much more complicated and affects far fewer people.

Qt 5.7 added two mobile features:
- NFC (Android) (Also reported as a 5.6 feature)
- Android Services

While any addition is good, I find it hard that NFC was more missed that notifications.  Could we possibly come up with a "mobile features" priority list and help focus what gets delivered?
Say, with a minimum of 1 (or more) feature(s) per X.Y release?

---